Disaster Preparedness and Response
Providing decision makers with the in-depth analysis and recommendations they need to prepare for and respond to disasters that threaten the public's health.
Use the filters below to find work related to disaster preparedness and response.
- Biothreat Agents and Emerging Infectious Disease in the Emergency Department. November 2018.
- Too Many Patients…A Framework to Guide Statewide Allocation of Scarce Mechanical Ventilation During Disasters. October 2018.
- Technologies to Address Global Catastrophic Biological Risks. October 2018.
- Public Health Resilience Checklist for High-Consequence Infectious Diseases—Informed by the Domestic Ebola Response in the United States. October 2018.
Events and Multimedia
- Monica Schoch-Spana Talks About Her National Survey on Community Engagement. At the 2013 Public Health Preparedness Summit, Monica Schoch-Spana spoke with Ian Goldstein of NACCHO about her national survey of emergency preparedness coordinators and community engagement practices. October 2013.
- The Center at 15: Our History in Biosecurity, Our Future in Health Security. Tom Inglesby, Anita Cicero, Center staff, and distinguished friends highlight our leadership biosecurity and our future in health security to mark the Center’s 15-year anniversary. May 2013.
Testimony or briefings
- Bioterrorism: Assessing the Threat. Dr. Inglesby describes the commonalities among bioterrorism and other major biological threats confronting the nation--antimicrobial resistance, new pandemics, the possibility of accidental release of an engineered contagious pathogen bioterrorism--to make the case for strengthening our ability to respond and not letting our guard down. February 2014.