Disaster Preparedness and Response
Find all articles and reports in this mission area:
- How to Steward Medical Countermeasures and Public Trust in an Emergency – A Communication Casebook for FDA and Its Public Health Partners . October 2016.
- Decision Processes and Determinants of Hospital Evacuation and Shelter-in-Place During Hurricane Sandy. March 2016.
- Crisis Standard Needed for Anthrax Medical Countermeasure Screening . February 2016.
- Biosecurity: The Opportunities and Threats of Industrialization and Personalization. November 2015.
Events and Multimedia
Find all multimedia in this mission area:
- Monica Schoch-Spana Talks About Her National Survey on Community Engagement. At the 2013 Public Health Preparedness Summit, Monica Shoch-Spana spoke with Ian Goldstein of NACCHO about her national survey of emergency preparedness coordinators and community engagement practices. October 2013.
- The Center at 15: Our History in Biosecurity, Our Future in Health Security. Tom Inglesby, Anita Cicero, Center staff, and distinguished friends highlight our leadership biosecurity and our future in health security to mark the Center’s 15-year anniversary. May 2013.
Testimony or briefings
Find all testimony and briefings in this mission area:
- Bioterrorism: Assessing the Threat. Dr. Inglesby describes the commonalities among bioterrorism and other major biological threats confronting the nation--antimicrobial resistance, new pandemics, the possibility of accidental release of an engineered contagious pathogen bioterrorism--to make the case for strengthening our ability to respond and not letting our guard down. February 2014.