Global Health Security
Enhancing international cooperation and collaboration to prevent epidemics and improve disease detection, surveillance, and response.
Use the filters below to find work related to global health security.
- Technologies to Address Global Catastrophic Biological Risks. October 2018.
- Global Health Security in South Asia. September 2018.
- Summary of Key Recommendations: Meeting to Solicit Stakeholder Input on forthcoming US Global Health Security Strategy. August 2018.
- Recent Advances in Gene Editing and Synthesis Technologies and their Implications. August 2018.
Events and Multimedia
- Biosecurity, National Security, and Medicine: A Guided Tour. August 2016.
- Insights from the Front Lines of the MERS Outbreak. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) has been the epicenter of the global MERS-CoV outbreak, and the man responsible for KSA’s response to MERS has been Dr. Ziad Memish, Deputy Minister of Health for Public Health, KSA. On August 21, 2013, Dr. Memish gave a presentation about the MERS outbreak in KSA and then joined Tom Inglesby for a discussion and Q/A session. This entire session can be viewed in this video. August 2013.
Testimony or Briefings
- Bioterrorism: Assessing the Threat. Dr. Inglesby describes the commonalities among bioterrorism and other major biological threats confronting the nation--antimicrobial resistance, new pandemics, the possibility of accidental release of an engineered contagious pathogen bioterrorism--to make the case for strengthening our ability to respond and not letting our guard down. February 2014.