Global Health Security
Find all articles and reports in this mission area:
- Strengthening Health Systems Through International Blood Product Sharing Agreements . February 2017.
- Synthetic Biology: Safety, Security, and Promise. October 2016.
- In Memoriam: Donald Ainslee Henderson, 1928-2016. September 2016.
- COMMENTARY: Six policy options for conducting gain-of-function research. March 2016.
Events and Multimedia
Find all multimedia in this mission area:
- Biosecurity, National Security, and Medicine: A Guided Tour. August 2016.
- Insights from the Front Lines of the MERS Outbreak. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) has been the epicenter of the global MERS-CoV outbreak, and the man responsible for KSA’s response to MERS has been Dr. Ziad Memish, Deputy Minister of Health for Public Health, KSA. On August 21, 2013, Dr. Memish gave a presentation about the MERS outbreak in KSA and then joined Tom Inglesby for a discussion and Q/A session. This entire session can be viewed in this video. August 2013.
Testimony or Briefings
Find all testimony and briefings in this mission area:
- Bioterrorism: Assessing the Threat. Dr. Inglesby describes the commonalities among bioterrorism and other major biological threats confronting the nation--antimicrobial resistance, new pandemics, the possibility of accidental release of an engineered contagious pathogen bioterrorism--to make the case for strengthening our ability to respond and not letting our guard down. February 2014.