Global Health Security
Find all articles and reports in this mission area:
- US-India Strategic Dialogue on Biosecurity: Report on the Fourth Dialogue Session. April 2018.
- US-India Strategic Dialogue on Biosecurity: Report from the Third Dialogue Session. December 2017.
- Ready for a Global Pandemic? The Trump Administration May Be Woefully Underprepared. December 2017.
- The Importance of Continued US Investment to Sustain Momentum Toward Global Health Security. November 2017.
Events and Multimedia
Find all multimedia in this mission area:
- Biosecurity, National Security, and Medicine: A Guided Tour. August 2016.
- Insights from the Front Lines of the MERS Outbreak. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) has been the epicenter of the global MERS-CoV outbreak, and the man responsible for KSA’s response to MERS has been Dr. Ziad Memish, Deputy Minister of Health for Public Health, KSA. On August 21, 2013, Dr. Memish gave a presentation about the MERS outbreak in KSA and then joined Tom Inglesby for a discussion and Q/A session. This entire session can be viewed in this video. August 2013.
Testimony or Briefings
Find all testimony and briefings in this mission area:
- Bioterrorism: Assessing the Threat. Dr. Inglesby describes the commonalities among bioterrorism and other major biological threats confronting the nation--antimicrobial resistance, new pandemics, the possibility of accidental release of an engineered contagious pathogen bioterrorism--to make the case for strengthening our ability to respond and not letting our guard down. February 2014.