Infectious Disease and Epidemics
Find all articles and reports in this mission area:
- Hospital influenza pandemic stockpiling needs: A computer simulation . December 2016.
- Enhancing the Diagnosis, Treatment, Surveillance, and Control of Infectious Diseases in the ACA Era . November 2016.
- Pandemic . October 2016.
- Genetically Modified Mosquito Use to Reduce Mosquito-Transmitted Disease in the US: A Community Opinion Survey. May 2016.
Events and Multimedia
Find all multimedia in this mission area:
- Insights from the Front Lines of the MERS Outbreak. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) has been the epicenter of the global MERS-CoV outbreak, and the man responsible for KSA’s response to MERS has been Dr. Ziad Memish, Deputy Minister of Health for Public Health, KSA. On August 21, 2013, Dr. Memish gave a presentation about the MERS outbreak in KSA and then joined Tom Inglesby for a discussion and Q/A session. This entire session can be viewed in this video. August 2013.
- Why I Became a Public Health Physician. In this short video recorded for the John Snow Society to mark the bicentenary of John Snow's birth, Dr. Henderson describes the surprising events that prompted his decision to become a public health physician. July 2013.
Testimony or Briefings
Find all testimony and briefings in this mission area:
- Bioterrorism: Assessing the Threat. Dr. Inglesby describes the commonalities among bioterrorism and other major biological threats confronting the nation--antimicrobial resistance, new pandemics, the possibility of accidental release of an engineered contagious pathogen bioterrorism--to make the case for strengthening our ability to respond and not letting our guard down. February 2014.