Infectious Disease and Epidemics
Find all articles and reports in this mission area:
- Outbreak Science Initiative. April 2018.
- Challenges and Opportunities of Nontraditional Approaches to Treating Bacterial Infections. April 2017.
- The Mission to Stop Ebola: Lessons for UN Crisis Response. February 2017.
- Assessing and Addressing US Health Security Risks. January 2017.
Events and Multimedia
Find all multimedia in this mission area:
- Insights from the Front Lines of the MERS Outbreak. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) has been the epicenter of the global MERS-CoV outbreak, and the man responsible for KSA’s response to MERS has been Dr. Ziad Memish, Deputy Minister of Health for Public Health, KSA. On August 21, 2013, Dr. Memish gave a presentation about the MERS outbreak in KSA and then joined Tom Inglesby for a discussion and Q/A session. This entire session can be viewed in this video. August 2013.
- Why I Became a Public Health Physician. In this short video recorded for the John Snow Society to mark the bicentenary of John Snow's birth, Dr. Henderson describes the surprising events that prompted his decision to become a public health physician. July 2013.
Testimony or Briefings
Find all testimony and briefings in this mission area:
- Bioterrorism: Assessing the Threat. Dr. Inglesby describes the commonalities among bioterrorism and other major biological threats confronting the nation--antimicrobial resistance, new pandemics, the possibility of accidental release of an engineered contagious pathogen bioterrorism--to make the case for strengthening our ability to respond and not letting our guard down. February 2014.