Science and Policy
Find all articles and reports in this mission area:
- Safety, security, and serving the public interest in synthetic biology. March 2018.
- A Holistic Assessment of the Risks and Benefits of the Synthesis of Horsepox Virus. March 2018.
- Frequency of Risk-Related News Media Messages in 2016 Coverage of Zika Virus. January 2018.
- Federal Powers to Control Communicable Conditions: Call for Reforms to Assure National Preparedness and Promote Global Security. February 2017.
Events and Multimedia
Find all multimedia in this mission area:
- NIAID's Role in and Contributions to US Biosecurity--Part 2. Dr. Michael Kurilla discusses NIAID's role in biosecurity, ways to shorten drug development, and why we should move away from the "one-bug-one-drug" to development. September 2012.
- NIAID's Role In and Contributions to US Biosecurity--Part 1. Dr. Michael Kurilla discusses NIAID's role in biosecurity, ways to shorten drug development, and why we should move away from the "one-bug-one-drug" to development. September 2012.
Testimony or Briefings
Find all testimony and briefings in this mission area:
- Bioterrorism: Assessing the Threat. Dr. Inglesby describes the commonalities among bioterrorism and other major biological threats confronting the nation--antimicrobial resistance, new pandemics, the possibility of accidental release of an engineered contagious pathogen bioterrorism--to make the case for strengthening our ability to respond and not letting our guard down. February 2014.
- National Health Security Preparedness Index Launched. ASTHO, with CDC and 20 other partners, including the Center, created the NHSPI to measure and advance the nation's readiness to protect people during a disaster, with the goal of identifying US strengths and areas for smart investment. December 2013.