Enhancing understanding of the relationships among the life sciences, national security, public policy, and the public's health.
Use the filters below to find work related to science and policy.
- Recent Advances in Gene Editing and Synthesis Technologies and their Implications. August 2018.
- The Security Implications of Synthetic Biology. July 2018.
- Red Teaming the Biological Sciences for Deliberate Threats. May 2018.
- Building a Smart Partnership for the Fourth Industrial Revolution. April 2018.
Events and Multimedia
- NIAID's Role in and Contributions to US Biosecurity--Part 2. Dr. Michael Kurilla discusses NIAID's role in biosecurity, ways to shorten drug development, and why we should move away from the "one-bug-one-drug" to development. September 2012.
- NIAID's Role In and Contributions to US Biosecurity--Part 1. Dr. Michael Kurilla discusses NIAID's role in biosecurity, ways to shorten drug development, and why we should move away from the "one-bug-one-drug" to development. September 2012.
Testimony or Briefings
- Bioterrorism: Assessing the Threat. Dr. Inglesby describes the commonalities among bioterrorism and other major biological threats confronting the nation--antimicrobial resistance, new pandemics, the possibility of accidental release of an engineered contagious pathogen bioterrorism--to make the case for strengthening our ability to respond and not letting our guard down. February 2014.
- National Health Security Preparedness Index Launched. ASTHO, with CDC and 20 other partners, including the Center, created the NHSPI to measure and advance the nation's readiness to protect people during a disaster, with the goal of identifying US strengths and areas for smart investment. December 2013.