Emerging Leaders in Biosecurity Fellowship
Prospective Emerging Leaders in Biosecurity fellows must meet the eligibility criteria and submit the application materials listed below.
Prospective fellows must be:
- Be a US, UK, or Canadian citizen. We will also consider applications from green card holders or active work or student visa holders who are resident in the US during the fellowship year.
- Applicants should also be currently enrolled in or have graduated from a masters or doctoral program, OR have at least 3 years of professional experience in national security, public health, medicine, biotechnology, or a related field.
Prospective fellows must submit all of the following materials through this online form:
- Personal statement, not to exceed 500 words, in which you describe your interest in exploring a career in biosecurity;
- Essay, not to exceed 1,000 words, that describes a current technical or policy issue in biosecurity that interests you, and why you believe it is important;
- Current resume or CV;
- 2 letters of recommendation on your behalf from academic advisors and/or professional supervisors (include their contact information).
Fellows are selected based on the quality of their statement and essay, academic and/or professional accomplishments, and letters of recommendation. Additional factors are also considered to ensure geographic, technical, and experiential diversity in each class.
The application period for the Emerging Leaders in Biosecurity Class of 2019 is closed.
Please contact Amanda Kobokovich if you have any questions about the application process.