Topics in Clinical Biosecurity: Antibiotic Resistance
Listed below are all CBN articles on Antibiotic Resistance published since 2005
- 12/06/2013. Antimicrobial Resistance--A Call to Action: The Lancet Infectious Diseases Commission has just published "Antibiotic resistance--the need for global solutions," which makes a strong case for addressing the problem of antimicrobial resistance now, before it leads to a global public health emergency.
- 03/16/2012. Fatal Flu Cluster in Maryland Highlights Complications of MRSA: Three deaths and 1 case of severe pneumonia were recently reported in 1 MD family; H3N2 flu confirmed in all 4; MRSA in at least 2.
- 01/20/2012. Totally Drug Resistant Tuberculosis: The treatment of TB is complicated by drug resistance--first single drug resistance emerged, then MDR-TB in the 1990s, followed by XDR-TB in 2001, and TDR-TB in 2007. A recent report detailing 4 cases of TDR-TB in India is the third report since 2007.
- Rising Staphylococcus aureus Co-infection among Pediatric Influenza Deaths. October 10, 2008.
- Highly Lethal MRSA Pneumonia Associated with Influenza. June 21, 2007.
- Learning from the XDR-TB Experience: Policy Priorities Going Forward. June 7, 2007.
- The Potential Disaster of Extensively Drug Resistant Tuberculosis. November 10, 2006.
- Outbreak of Highly Lethal, Extensive Drug Resistant Tuberculosis in South Africa. September 6, 2006.
- Bad Bug II: Community Acquired Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus [CA-MRSA]. February 7, 2006.