Topics in Clinical Biosecurity: Disaster Medicine
Listed below are all CBN articles on Disaster Medicine published since 2005
- 08-28-2017: What Sandy teaches us about Harvey Sandy on the health sector of greater New York and its valuable lessons for Hurricane Harvey
- 08-18-2017: Allocating Scarce Life-Sustaining Resources in a Disaster A study examines how the public thinks scarce resources should be allocated in a disaster.
- 04-17-2015: Statins in Sepsis: An Idea Whose Time May Have Passed Statins have been recommended by some to treat infectious diseases. But a new meta-analysis of randomized trials that used statins to treat sepsis found that they have no effect.
- 03-20-2015: Patterns of Emergency Department Use After a Disaster A new study shows that following Hurricane Sandy, patients displaced from closed public and private hospital EDs in NYC exhibited somewhat different patterns with regards to where they sought ED care.
- 04/18/2014: Myocardial Infarction and Disasters Results of a new study indicate that the overall percentage of hospital admissions for AMI increased 3-fold, from 0.7% of admissions pre-Katrina to 2.4% post-Katrina.
- 09/13/2013. Violent Attacks on Healthcare Workers a Growing Problem: Recent reports of violence targeting healthcare workers provide evidence that the prohibition of violence against healthcare workers has degraded and requires strengthening and enforcement.
- 03/30/2012. IOM Issues New Report on Crisis Standards of Care: The Institute of Medicine has just released its second report on crisis standards of care for use in disaster situations. The report offers practical guidance for implementation of CSC, including milestones.
- 04/15/2011. Dialysis in a Disaster Setting? During the response to the 2010 earthquake in Haiti, many patients were trapped under rubble for several days. The ensuing crush injury and development of myoglobinuria precipitated acute renal failure in a subset of patients.
- New IOM Guidance on Crisis Standards of Care for Use in Disaster Situations. October 2, 2009.
- Hospitals Are Better Prepared for Mass Casualty Disasters. May 8, 2009.
- OSHA Issues Guidance for Stockpiling Masks and Respirators. May 30, 2008.
- Definitive Care for the Critically Ill During a Disaster. May 15, 2008.
- ASPR Makes First Playbook Available. March 28, 2008.
- Recent Developments in Respiratory Surge Preparedness. May 3, 2007.
- New System Promises Access to Prescription Information in a Disaster. April 26, 2007.
- Sewage Contamination. September 12, 2005.
- Katrina Relief Update #1. September 7, 2005.
- Mass Critical Care. August 24, 2005.