Topics in Clinical Biosecurity: Tularemia
Listed below are all CBN articles on Tularemia published since 2005
- 09/26/2014: Tularemia Cases in Colorado Recent reports of several cases of tularemia in Colorado should prompt clinicians to consider tularemia as a diagnostic possibility in the right context
- 09/21/2012. Studying Tularemia in a US Locale: Francisella tularensis is endemic in Missouri, where 121 cases (20% of the US total) were documented from 2000 to 2007. The CDC and the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services recently published a retrospective review of these cases.
- 08/05/2011. Invasion of Red Blood Cells by Francisella tularenesis: Although F. tularensis is known to invade other cell types in addition to phagocytes, the susceptibility of erythrocytes (RBCs)—the most numerous cell in the blood—to infection with this bacteria is not known.
- Atypical Presentation of Cutaneous Tularemia. June 27, 2008.
- Marburg Situation Worsens. April 12, 2005.