Topics in Clinical Biosecurity: Tularemia
Listed below are all CBN articles on Tularemia published since 2005
- 09-26-2014: Tularemia Cases in Colorado Recent reports of cases of tularemia in Colorado should prompt clinicians to consider the diagnosis of tularemia in the right context.
- 09-21-2012: Studying Tularemia in a US Locale Francisella tularensis is endemic in Missouri, where 121 cases (20% of the US total) were documented from 2000 to 2007.
- 08-05-2011: Invasion of Red Blood Cells by Francisella tularenesis A research team at the University of Pittsburgh has recently demonstrated that F.tularensis has the capacity to invade RBCs in a mouse model.
- 06-27-2008: Atypical Presentation of Cutaneous Tularemia Byington and colleagues describe cutaneous tularemia in two children who were initially misdiagnosed due to atypical presentations of the disease
- 04-12-2005: Marburg Situation Worsens While it is known that the number of Marburg cases and deaths continues to rise, at this point the true extent of the outbreak remains unclear