Editor-in-Chief: Thomas V. Inglesby, MD
Managing Editor: Jaclyn Fox
Health Security (formerly Biosecurity and Bioterrorism) is a peer-reviewed journal providing research and essential guidance for the protection of people's health before and after epidemics or disasters and for ensuring that communities are resilient to major challenges. The Journal explores the issues posed by disease outbreaks and epidemics; natural disasters; biological, chemical, and nuclear accidents or deliberate threats; foodborne outbreaks; and other emergencies. It offers important insight into how to develop the systems needed to meet these challenges. Taking an interdisciplinary approach, Health Security covers research, innovations, methods, challenges, and ethical and legal dilemmas facing scientific, military, and health organizations. The Journal is a key resource for practitioners in these fields, policymakers, scientific experts, and government officials.
The journal is under the editorial leadership of Editor-in-Chief Tom Inglesby and other leading investigators. View the entire editorial board.
Health Security coverage includes:
- Scientific, medical, and policy advancements that might help prevent or respond to epidemics
- Future directions and innovations in public health that improve response to major health events
- Guidance for healthcare organizations planning to cope with mass casualty crises
- Initiatives or concepts intended to reduce agricultural vulnerabilities
- Military and intelligence roles and contributions to biodefense strategy and response
- Communication methods and challenges for decision makers, the media, and the public
- Ethical and legal dilemmas posed by major health events
Health Security is indexed/abstracted in: MEDLINE; PubMed; PubMed Central; Current Contents®/Social & Behavioral Sciences; Social Sciences Citation Index®; Social SciSearch®; Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition; EMBASE/Excerpta Medica; EMBiology; Scopus; ProQuest; CAB Abstracts; Global Health
ISSN: 2326-5094 • Published Bimonthly • Online ISSN: 2326-5108
Information for authors
Read the instructions for submitting a paper.