Clinicians' Biosecurity News Archive: 2020
- 04-30-2020: Treating ARDS in the Era of COVID: A Refined Approach We are quickly learning that our standard approach to treating acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) needs to change for many COVID-19 patients.
- 04-07-2020: Use of Alternative Medical Care Facilities in the COVID-19 Pandemic A number of cities in the United States are preparing alternative care facilities (ACFs) to augment surge capacity in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 03-30-2020: The Increasing Demand for Critical Care Beds— Recommendations for Bridging the RN Staffing Gap The US is already witnessing a shortage of critical care nurses in the COVID-19 response. In this post, we discuss potential ways to bridge this staffing gap.
- 03-23-2020: How to Reduce COVID-19 Spread in Long-Term Care Facilities: Challenges and Recommendations Long-term care facilities (LTCFs) take care of some of the most vulnerable populations, including elderly people and those with chronic medical conditions.
- 03-13-2020: Get Ready for a 1918-like Scenario While we can hope for the best, we cannot exclude the possibility of a Wuhan-like outbreak in your city. Hospitals should be all-out preparing for their worst-case scenario.
- 02-27-2020: What US Hospitals Should Do Now to Prepare for a COVID-19 Pandemic The WHO and the US CDC have called on health systems around the world to prepare for a possible COVID-19 pandemic.
- 01-22-2020: A Novel Coronavirus – Determining Its Spread and Severity The last several days of infectious disease headlines have been focused on a mysterious outbreak in Wuhan, China, that has many concerning characteristics.