Topics in Clinical Biosecurity: SARS
Listed below are all CBN articles on SARS published since 2005
- 01-22-2020: A Novel Coronavirus – Determining Its Spread and Severity The last several days of infectious disease headlines have been focused on a mysterious outbreak in Wuhan, China, that has many concerning characteristics.
- 12-20-2013: SARS: Beyond Amoy Gardens A research team revisited the Amoy Gardens SARS outbreak to assess whether the airborne spread of SARS extended beyond the housing complex.
- 09-27-2013: The Burden of Coronavirus Besides MERS and SARS, 4 other CoVs infect humans. Two (229E, OC43) have been known as human pathogens for decades; 2 (NL63, HKU1) were discovered post-SARS.
- 07-18-2005: Ribavirin Not Effective Against SARS Taiwanese researchers report that patients with confirmed SARS who were treated with ribavirin had worse outcomes as compared with infected patients who did not
- 06-02-2005: SARS, With the Benefit of Hindsight Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) first appeared on November 16, 2002 in the Guangdong Province of southern China.
- 04-06-2005: Airborne spread of SARS; Marburg outbreak Two recent studies provide evidence for airborne (small droplet aerosol) transmission of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) in the hospital setting.